Moylgrove Old School Hall is available for hire. To enquire, please check our diary and rates below, and then call 0845 519 2791 or email email@example.com.
- The Hall is 16.5 x 5.4 metres. Seats about 80 in rows, well-packed; or 60 round circular tables.
- There’s also a small meeting room for about 7-8 people.
- Parking for about 15 cars. More in the village car park, about 200m down the hill.
- Disabled facilities and access
- PRS licence
- WiFi (let us know if you intend heavy use)
- Projector – connect to your laptop.
- PA system: mixer, CD, hand-held & clip radio mics.
- Stage/rostrum 15 tiles each 1 sq.m. Height 50cm or 25cm.
- Licensed bar
- Kitchen – large enough to handle prepared food. The domestic oven and hob can be used to cook for smaller parties.
- Either use our local caterers, or make your own arrangements.
Rates for venue hire
We won’t charge you for the kitchen if you’re just making tea and coffee. If you’re preparing food, that’s the Everything rate.
The rates include use of the heating, tables, chairs, tablecloths, cutlery, crockery, glasses, projector, PA and WiFi.
|Type||When||Meeting room||Main hall + Meeting Room||Everything|
|Local non-profit||Less than two hours||£5||£10||£18|
|Morning, afternoon, or evening||£8||£15||£25|
|Commercial or non-local||Two hours||£10||£20||£30|
|Morning, afternoon or evening||£27||£45||£85|
“Local” means hirer lives in the 881— phone area.
“Commercial” means the hirer keeps money raised by the event.
You should consider taking out insurance to cover public liability and other risks connected with your event.
Although we have insurance for events that we manage, it doesn’t fully cover events organised by you. For your event, our insurance would only cover incidents where we were demonstrably liable, for example if the cause was a hazard in the structure or fittings in the Hall.
You must perform your own risk assessment and mitigation plan before your event. You are welcome to visit the Hall in advance. Your plan might include, for example:
- Viruses – We will ask people not to come if they have suspicious symptoms; ask them to wear a mask when not seated; encourage them to take a lateral flow test; keep the windows open; wipe door handles, taps, etc before and after the event.
- Cars and people – A marshal will direct cars to spaces at the rear or side of the hall, or to spaces in the road, or the car park in the village. People standing in the front outside space will be warned of cars passing up the drive.
- Access – Step-free side door to be signposted for entry and exit.
- Food standards: Kitchen access only for certified catering staff.
- Trip and manoeuvring hazards: Seating, tables, band setup 60 mins before public admission, cables taped down.
- Emergency precautions: We will designate a first aider; know location of first aid kit, defibrillator (outside gate), extinguishers, working phone; announce location of fire exits. Keep driveway clear for emergency vehicles.
Preparation and clearing up
We’re happy to help with setting out tables and decorations beforehand. Let us know if you’d like to see the Hall before booking.
Please leave the hall clean and tidy after your visit. This includes: stacking chairs and sweeping the floor; washing glasses, cutlery and crockery; and washing and ironing soiled tablecloths, returning them as soon as possible. Please replace any breakages.
On leaving, you should make sure to switch off all the lights, heaters (including in the toilets and kitchen), projector and amplifier.
If you’d prefer to leave some of the clearing up to our volunteers, please ask about additional charges.
Payments are most conveniently made by bank transfer to Cymdeithas Trewyddel, 30-91-65 / 00589010.
From the middle of Moylgrove, go SW towards Newport. The Hall is about 200m up the hill on the right.